Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
newimaging

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view   28/5/2012, 11:33

I know this might be a whole other programming issue, but it be awesome to have racers have the ability to run a 'Race View" app on their iPad or tablets, so they can leave it on their driver stations, or follow the race while sitting in the work areas away from the race. It could also show the names of the next heats drivers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Falcon Raceway

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view   28/5/2012, 21:33

Oh yes

Very GOOD Idear
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newimaging

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view   7/6/2012, 08:42

Here is what I am doing at this point via a screen sharing app, but it would be nice to have it clearer, running as a program.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
guismo73

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view   20/1/2014, 16:49

+1

very good idea.

I'm Fan

if it's possible...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://src73.e-monsite.com
UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-11-13

PostSubject: I Agree..   30/1/2014, 16:55

Scalextric and Ninco's next improvement will be the ability to manage the races with mobile devices such i-pad, tablet etc.

Although I think this way is good only for "game" and not for competition races, I think an App for PcLc with a Zoom of the match is a big upgrade for PcLc.
The most request at my club is an App that TALK, sending laptime or gap-time to the driver while the race is on and, between every segment, shows the driver's data just like the Zoom view.

Since the data are already sent in the LAN, I think it's not that difficult..... but..
...that's mean write software with 2 or more other languages (for IoS, Android, Windows Phone)

..maybe some OTHER coder can do that? Any volunteers?
the Zoom transmission protocol is hard to deal with?

Think about that: in every club where PcLc exist (and a WLAN, of course) I can connect myself with my smartphone and, with my earphones, knows my laptime/gap without loosing concentration looking at some monitor.

This app could make the difference between lapcounters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

Number of posts : 2067
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view   29/8/2014, 17:59

I think the new live timing systems of Pc Lap Counter 5.33 can work on any device , just need a internet connection and a browser, more information at www.pclapcounter.be cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view   30/8/2014, 10:30

Regards apps - What I know (There may be ways around this, i don't know) Apple has set it up so you need to use XCode, their developer enviroment. Xcode, of course, only works on a Mac. So the only way to get around that is to purchase a copy of their OSX on DVD and set it up as a Virtual Machine and work within the virtual machine if, like many people, you have a Windows OS. When i looked, the cost was about 14 for an installation DVD. (Reference : http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard).

I don't know about Android based devices or Windows Phone. (Tiles, YEUCH!)

TBH, I think guy's solution is a lot simpler and doesn't need an additional 2 software apps to look after a large userbase of smart devices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view   

Back to top Go down

Tablet, Android, or iPad, iphone - Race view
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1