Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gysse

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-26

PostSubject: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   26/9/2012, 19:06

Hi

I just purchased "pc lap counter" for use with my C7042 and I have a couple of questions.

1. I have disabled my pitpro, due to it not being reliable ( i have an appointment to return it for checking)
- so I dont have any pitsensors at the moment. I have checked the box "add a lap after pitstop".
But I can't get refueling to work ! I have set the settings to "generate pit in when brake button
pressed more than 2 seconds and zero throttle detected. Do I have to press something or do something in order
to load fuel ? no fuel is loading - what ever i do !!

2.Stop and go penalty is effected imidiately. I would have expected that you would have to go to the pitlane to take
a stop and go penalty. In my opinion that is how it should work ! It makes no sense that one lane is blocked
for 10 seconds while a driver is having a stop and go penalty ! Is the problem that i dont have pitpro enablet ?

Ivan K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   26/9/2012, 22:59

Hello,

First of all welcome in the Pc Lap Counter forum Wink

About your problems:
1. Generate PIT IN with brake button is not possible when you use dynamic brake, Try with "generate a pit in when Lane button pressed more than 2 second"
2. In the options screen tick "my system send pit in signal"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
gysse

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   1/10/2012, 22:26

Stop & go and fuel management is working. Thanx !

Now : When track call is activated and you are going to resume racing, you have to push the start-button on c7042.
Is there any other ways to resume racing, and is it possible to have the start-lights activated for restart/resume ?
I think it is more fair to restart/resume using the start-lights, than just pressing the start-button on c7042

Best regards

Ivan K.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   1/10/2012, 22:58

Look at the options screen (tabpage "C7042 options"): if your track call pause the race then you will have the starting lights for restart/resume, if your track call generate a yellow flag or stop the cars then there is no starting lights and that's normal.
to end a track call the driver who initiated the track call just have to press again the BRAKE+LC of the hand controller (or BRAKE + LC + zero throttle).

Back to top Go down
gysse

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   2/10/2012, 08:34

Hi again.

Thank you ! - I will test tonight ! - sounds like everything I want already is implemented What a Face in pclapcounter.

Best regards

Ivan K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gysse

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   3/10/2012, 09:33

Things are working exactly like you said. But ! - We did have som strange things happening last night :

1. we started to race - from two different driver stations, than the one that i was testing on monday. And we were not able to "pit in". After a while and some restaring of computer and c7042 i wondered : maybe is has to do with the throttle extensions. Plugged the throttles directly to c7042 and "pit in" was working ! The strange thing is that i have never had a problem like this with ssdc AND the throttledisplay in pclc showed that LC was being held down. The lights on the car was blinking when LC held down and no throttle ! We shortened the throtteextensions and started racing.

2. we experienced three times, that when a track call was requested, through pushing LC+BRAKE and no throttle we both got a "stop & go penalty" - not good - but we did find the menu where we could clear the not supposed to be there.

3. we also experienced, several times, that after a track call, when trying to start again, countdown initiates, completes and we pull the trigger and then nothing happens.
Power off was status in lower right corner. switch to power on and thing was working again - but we want to start immediately aften countdown. I was working several times.

Apart from those problems we enjoyed pclc - especially stop and go penalty is a great feature.

Do you think you can/will solve the mentioned problems ? If I can help by providing you some tracedata or something, i will be happy to help !

Ivan K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   3/10/2012, 14:22

1. I suppose you use LC and "zero throttle detected": i think your hand controller not always send zero throttle when the trigger is released, in the C7042 interface of Pc Lap Counter you have to adjust the "non zero throttle begin at" or just untick "and zero throttle detected".
2. it mean that both asked a track call and therefore both got a stop & go penalty , that's normal
3. Never had this kind of problem on my test track, maybe you have made other manipulations before the track call that generate that issue, i will make some test this weekend.

Back to top Go down
guy

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   5/10/2012, 00:41

About point 3 , i made a test and i never got this issue Suspect

Back to top Go down
gysse

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   5/10/2012, 10:36

Thank you for your quick responses.

I made some tests last night ! - and it is looking good !

1. I adjusted the "non zero throttle begin at", and resonnected my throttelextensions and things are working smooth.

2. I am quite sure that only one of us requested a track call. We will look after it in the future. If we should be able to reconstruct it on demand, is there then some sort of trace I could provide you with ? - it is no big deal, as we are being more familiar with the interface, and how things are working.

3. If you are a little clumsy (like me ) when restarting the race, using LC+BRAKE, i were able do disconnect power to the track, resulting in no one being able to race. I noticed that if I were fast, during the countdown, pressing LC +BRAKE again, I was able to restore power to the track, and race wil continue with no problems.
Again : - it is no big deal, as we are being more familiar with the interface, and how things are working.

Hopefully I will be able to play some more during the weekend.

Have a nice weekend

Ivan K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   13/10/2012, 21:00

gysse wrote:

2. I am quite sure that only one of us requested a track call. We will look after it in the future. If we should be able to reconstruct it on demand, is there then some sort of trace I could provide you with ?
Sorry for the late answer...
Just save the race in a new folder and send me all the saved files cheers

Back to top Go down
gysse

PostSubject: continued................   29/10/2012, 00:03

Hello again

I think there is a bug in pclc ........
My setup : c7042 with parellel pitlane. No pitpro or other pit-in/out detection

The last couple of times we have raced, we have experienced the following :

Make a track call - get a stop and go - continue race
enter pitlane go make stop and go
registers correct in pclc - wait
another one makes a track call - hets a stop and go - continue race
stop and go restarts - it doesnt remember how many seconds you have completed !

This is very frustrating ! - we use 10 sec. as stop and go penalty

Also we have unchecked the "stop refueling during track call" - but it does stop refuelling - though this remembers correctly how much fuel has been loaded.

If you would like me to send documentation please let med know ?

Best regards

Ivan K.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   29/10/2012, 12:43

Yes please send me documentation because it's not clear for me scratch
Do you mean you sometime pause/resume the race while drivers make their stop & go penalty and after resume it doesent remember how many seconds driver completed their stop & go penalty ?

Back to top Go down
guy

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   31/10/2012, 16:51

I received the documentation and more information , i confirm that's a bug in PCLC and it will be fixed

Situation 1 :

Start racing
Make a track call - get a "stop and go" penalty
restart race
enter pitlane
press lc button
pclc registers and start "stop and go" sequence.
then someone else makes a track call
restart race
"stop and go" penalty seems to restart countdown - so if you allready have served 8 seconds, you
should be let loose again with a "GO" after 2 seconds. But no - 10 seconds will pass before "GO"

Situation 2 :
Racer #1 is Serving a "stop and go" penalty have served 5 seconds of "stop and go"
Racer #2 enters the pitlane and also start serving a "stop and go" penalty.
Racer #3 makes a track call
Restart race
Racers #1 and #2 will restart "stop and go" penalty, and will be released with a "GO" at exactly the same time.

Back to top Go down
guy

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   4/11/2012, 13:26

bug fixed in version 5.23

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]   

Back to top Go down

C7042 - fuel management and "stop & go" problems [Fixed 5.23]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1