Pros and cons (IMHO, of course)
1) all the car settings of each car follows that car, not the driver
2) if someone else would drive my car, he inherits its settings
3) with lots of car per drivers, every settings is kept.
1) with lots of car per drivers, lots of cars page must be created.
2) a sort of "copy car settings to player page" is needed, each time a car is select, in order to keep the same information in the players page: I suppose large parts of the program takes a look to the Drivers page settings and changing the code (that works) is not such a good idea.
3) In every race, I have to set the drivers and their cars.
In my club where are 8 different championship and about 18 drivers, in every race creation I have to select the driver and assign the correct car in a 18*8=144 cars picklist!!!
4) If I need to reduce the players (car) speed during the race (i.e. penalty) ..it's going to be a mess!
(now it's quite easy)
I'ts an interesting idea... but I think cons are more than pros.