Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Pit Stops using timing Gantry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the Professor

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   11/10/2007, 04:26

Hello Foiler,

How are you connecting your lightbridge to your system. I am using the DS lightbridge with the phidget board from Mainline Hobbies. I can get my car to use fuel but cannot get it to refuel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foiler

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   11/10/2007, 18:41

the Professor wrote:

How are you connecting your lightbridge to your system. I am using the DS lightbridge with the phidget board from Mainline Hobbies. I can get my car to use fuel but cannot get it to refuel.

I am connecting my light bridge to a Phidget 0/16/16 interface board.
Have you checked to make sure that your Phidget board is receiving a Logical "1" when your car is sitting beneath your light bridge? If your Phidget board is receiving a Logical "0", you will count laps and use fuel, but refueling will NOT work.

Read the following article, if you haven't already. The article explains the situation more thorougly:
http://pclapcounter.winnerbb.net/Phidgets-interface-kit-f14/Phidget-Tips-for-PC-Lap-Counter-t265.htm

I suspect that you need to install some pull-up resistors between your light bridge and your Phidget board, per the drawing in the above article.
A quick check to determine the correct Phidget state for PCLC is the following:

Correct Operation for Lap Counting AND Refueling:
The Phidget 0/16/16 Green L.E.D.'s (normally OFF) will flash ON, when a car passes under your light bridge. This indicates that the Phidget is receiving a Logical "1" when the car blocks your light sensors.

Incorrect Operation for Refueling:
The Phidget 0/16/16 Green L.E.D.'s (normally ON) will flash OFF, when a car passes under your light bridge. This indicates that the Phidget is receiving a Logical "0" when the car blocks your light sensors.

I hope this helps.
Foiler in MI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   13/10/2007, 14:48

On the PCLC side.....Are you sure that you have ticked the options "Generate Pit IN...." '(in cars detection tabpage) , like here ?

If the option "Generate PIT IN..." is grayed it means that you have ticked the options in the pit stop tabpage !!!.
Tick "Generate PIT IN..." in pit stop tabpage is only when you have separate detector dedicated for pit stop...

Last edited by on 17/10/2007, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
guy

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   15/10/2007, 21:45

I have contacted Mainline Hobbies and it works at 100% with DS bridge....of course with the good setting (see my previous post) cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   

Back to top Go down

Pit Stops using timing Gantry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1