I have received this demand (from Svenh) and i just want to know if other people are interested (this will work only with SSD and Scx Digital) ?
Car is leaving the track and depending on the time it takes to put the car back, we could simulate an accident.
if the car reaches a certain damage level, the car might be forced to stop in the pit for a certain period of time where the car have to be repaired and/or refueled.
Advantage of this feature:
I am not aware that anybody is having such a feature yet J And it brings more reality into the race. This function could be used for Scalextric as well as you can read the throttle value.
Functional description (proposal)
1. 4 damage level are available: light, medium, severe damage, total damage
2. When car leaves the track, PCLC could recognise on how long no throttle values are not being created.
Note: if a car is within the pit, we need to be careful as not throttle level is being send when refueling or we keep it easy and always reset the damage level.
3. The damage level could be shown within a separate car damage column with an icon.
4. User can define the times of the different levels
light damage x sec total, example 5 sec
medium damage y sec total, example 15 sec
severe damage z sec total, example 30 sec
total damage zz total, example 50 sec
5. Every time the car leaves the track, the time ,where no throttle positions is recognised, is
measured and all times are accumulated
6. Example: first time car leaves the track = 5 sec no throttle value, second time = 10 sec, third time = 15 sec no throttle value.
After the first time the car leaves the track, the car has a light damage. With the second time the 5 + 10 = 15 sec, the car is medium damaged. If the time would have been less, the total value would be less the 15 sec of course and damage level remains light damage.
After the 3rd time the car left the track for 15 sec, the total time would be 30 sec which would mean the car is severly damaged. If a car reaches the severe damage level, the car has x laps time (user can define this) to go into the pit. If the driver is leaving the track again during this time, and the total time reaches the level 50 sec, the driver is disqualified.
But if the driver is going into the pit, the car is repair and refueled. Total damage value resets.
Note: Optional function, the damage level could be decreased depending on the time the car was within the pit ( but that could be an enhancement)
7. Every time the user is going into the pit and refueling, it clears/resets the value as we could simulate repair and refueling
pclapcounter video channel