Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

List of observations/ improvements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MartinT

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: List of observations/ improvements   19/12/2007, 12:58

Hello Guy,

I recently purchased your excellent software, a great package, well done!!! cheers
When I still had my track analog I used Slotman (Slotcarmanager), and your software is an excellent replacement for that since I converted to digital. (My track, before it got the digitalisation: http://www.slotforum.com/resources/Layouts/SKIPSLEAT/index.htm

I have some remarks and observations which maybe (hopefully Smile ) could be addressed to make the software even more enjoyable. the ones that are in bold are (for me personally) the most important ones:

Overall:
When selecting menus/options/start/ etc. the latest (beta) version 4.46 is a lot slower (it takes sometimes 5 or even more seconds, it is real s l o w) than the older versions. Is this due to the .net framework?
(I run the software on WinXP, 1.8Ghz Athlon machine, SSD with home made pitlane with LPT1 detection of pitstop (4 car places), and RichG PowerbasePRO)

Message window:
When the window is full of message lines, the messages keep adding up, and you have to scroll down each time a new message is printed. (instead of the system scrolling by itself to show you the latest message)

Display settings:
The ability to select the background color for the whole grid of a column of a driver driver (it can now be only done in the “lane”.When you select it in another grid, the color is only changed to the part where the text is, instead of that whole grid.
(this is to make it easier/faster to see your own line for fuel and times info while racing)

A grid to show the record laptime for that driver in that car (so you know what your personal best time is, and you can try to improve that)

A database function that keeps track of the distance a car has driven.

Race settings: (for a new race)
When selecting a car, the popup window is very small, it only shows a few lines of cars, so you have to scroll down each time to get to the cars at the end. Can this window be made longer, so more cars are in view a the same time?

Driver selection:
There is a tickmark for pacer. (To prevent false start detection) It would also be handy to have a tickmark for “no fuel usage” since the pacer cars cannot refuel. (the workaround I used now is to put in the racing screen for the pacer cars an enormous amount of fuel (10.000 Liters)

Sounds:
Can there be a button to turn the alert lap signal off? (I find this very annoying, why is it there anyway?)

I would like to have my own .wavs for the start sequence (instead of 5,4,3,2,1,...)
Can you make that selectable? (lines to select the .wav to be played at each event)

A button in the sound page of the drivers setting to use a sound for ALL drivers. (so you do not have to select all the sounds each time you add a driver to the list

A line to select a .wav to play when the last lap of the race is on (now you have to select it for each driver, see previous point)

LPT1 interface:
Powercontrol: You can only select pin 2-9, why not 14,15,16 etc. As well?
Track call: pins 10,11,12,13,14,16 can be assigned to trigger certain events such as Pause, power off, etc, but 10-13 are already used for pitstop detection.(in my setup)

Also if you use a pin for pause, I want to use the same pin to continue the race again. (so I have only one (hardware)button to press, instead of 2 different ones)

Starting lights:
The ability to set the delay between the lights, and the delay for the lights to go of. (so I could set: delay between lights 1,5 seconds (enough time to play a .wav, and delay to turn off: between 1 and 4 seconds)
If button 3,4,5,6 and 7 are used and you press “check activation” pin 3 does not change, only pin 4,5,6 and 7

The window for the light STOP can select only 1 pin, but I want all 5 red lights to be on (as in real during F1 races)

A selection to activate a pin when the race is ended (I have a flagman to wave a finishflag) and to turn all the red startinglights to on

When the program is started to set the pins to a certain state. (For example now I have to use the monitor program to set the pins that control lane power on my lanes to on each time I startup the PC and the racetrack)

Startlight Window:
Ability to have it NOT in view during the start sequence, people are looking at the screen instead of the REAL starting lights on the track.

User manual:
There are now much more selections/buttons etc. that are not covered, since the user manual is from a much older version.

Interface:
When trackcall is triggered when using powerbase Pro (by pressing the brake button on the throttle) to select the software to pause, and set a certain LPT1 pin (to turn on a (red flashing)light on the racetrack to show everybody that a track call is made)

All in all quite a long list, but again, I am really pleased with the program, and I think it would make things even better than it already is!!

Very kind regards, and happy hollidays!
Martin Ton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

Number of posts : 2012
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: List of observations/ improvements   21/12/2007, 20:41

Hi Martin,

Nice that you like my program Very Happy , for sure it's a long list affraid

MartinT wrote:

Overall:
When selecting menus/options/start/ etc. the latest (beta) version 4.46 is a lot slower (it takes sometimes 5 or even more seconds, it is real s l o w) than the older versions. Is this due to the .net framework?
(I run the software on WinXP, 1.8Ghz Athlon machine, SSD with home made pitlane with LPT1 detection of pitstop (4 car places), and RichG PowerbasePRO)
It should be solved since 20/12/2007 , i have deleted the use of .NET framework

MartinT wrote:

Display settings:
The ability to select the background color for the whole grid of a column of a driver driver (it can now be only done in the “lane”.When you select it in another grid, the color is only changed to the part where the text is, instead of that whole grid.
(this is to make it easier/faster to see your own line for fuel and times info while racing)
Other users have asked for that possibility, so i will make but actualy i can't say when it will be available.

MartinT wrote:

A grid to show the record laptime for that driver in that car (so you know what your personal best time is, and you can try to improve that)
already exists, Look here http://www.pclapcounter.be/statistics.html

MartinT wrote:

A database function that keeps track of the distance a car has driven.
In the stat window you have the totals lap made by a car, so you can easly calculate the distance (http://www.pclapcounter.be/statistics.html)

MartinT wrote:

Race settings: (for a new race)
When selecting a car, the popup window is very small, it only shows a few lines of cars, so you have to scroll down each time to get to the cars at the end. Can this window be made longer, so more cars are in view a the same time?

Instead of scroll down just enter the car ID...much faster

MartinT wrote:

Driver selection:
There is a tickmark for pacer. (To prevent false start detection) It would also be handy to have a tickmark for “no fuel usage” since the pacer cars cannot refuel. (the workaround I used now is to put in the racing screen for the pacer cars an enormous amount of fuel (10.000 Liters)
In fact i think that the program should no calculate fuel usage for a "pacer driver", i will modify this in final version 4.46

MartinT wrote:

Sounds:
Can there be a button to turn the alert lap signal off? (I find this very annoying, why is it there anyway?)
You have 2 alert:
- Secruity.wav i, played when a laptime is lower a certain value (min track lap time)
- Security2.wav , played when a laptime is bigger a certain value(max track lap time)
Actualy to turn it off you have to replace C:\Program files\GL\Pc Lap counter\wav\security.wav and security2.wav by a empty wav file.

MartinT wrote:

I would like to have my own .wavs for the start sequence (instead of 5,4,3,2,1,...)
Can you make that selectable? (lines to select the .wav to be played at each event)
Look here : http://pclapcounter.winnerbb.net/pc-lap-counter-general-f1/start-countdown-in-english-t4.htm

MartinT wrote:

A button in the sound page of the drivers setting to use a sound for ALL drivers. (so you do not have to select all the sounds each time you add a driver to the list

A line to select a .wav to play when the last lap of the race is on (now you have to select it for each driver, see previous point)

Will be in final version 4.46

MartinT wrote:

Also if you use a pin for pause, I want to use the same pin to continue the race again. (so I have only one (hardware)button to press, instead of 2 different ones)
In the trackcall setting just choose the action "Start - Pause - Restart"

To be continued scratch study

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
MartinT

PostSubject: Re: List of observations/ improvements   28/12/2007, 19:17

Hi Guy,

Thanks for all your answers, highly appreciated!
Great that you are constantly working to make the program even better!

When I get home from vacation I will download the latest version, and be eagerly standing by for 4.46

Happy new year!

Kind regards,

Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinT

PostSubject: Re: List of observations/ improvements   29/12/2007, 23:45

BTW, Of course you must make a nice Pictogram (icon) (e.g. The yellow race car on top of this page...) for the program on the desktop, in stead of the boring PCscreen...

regards, Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of observations/ improvements   

Back to top Go down

List of observations/ improvements
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1