Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cmeyers

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 18:03

Hi,

Sorry if this is redundant. I'd appreciate any help or insight. I'm running the latest version of PCLC. I have SCX digital with the pit box. My track is around 8 meters. (laps in the 2-3 second range) I'm using seb2 and a fairly powerful computer running XP.

I have fuel management in PCLC set to off and am attempting to just use the fuel management on the pit box which seems to work fine. I'm also running the chronometer and have it synced to PCLC. I removed any car or driver pictures to get that out of the mix.

The problem I am having is that PCLC seems to be thinking my cars are in the pit when they are not. The result is that the cars are not in the pit but the program thinks they are and laps are not being counted. Sometimes this stops and the pit icon changes to Go but the program still does not seem to realize the car is running. (the icon remains on Go) In some cases the Go light will go away and laps will start to get counted again.

At the end of the race the total laps in PCLC are way under what the pit box is counting.

I'm pretty sure this problem was not there when in demo mode but I may have just not noticed.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

Number of posts : 2067
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 18:18

Hi,

Some questions:
- In the SCX Digital interface of PCLC did you see some COM error ?
- Did you use a USB/Serial adapter ?
- What's the value of your option "Generate Pit out when the throttle value exceed:" ?
- What's the value of your option "Non zero throttle begin at:" ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 18:26

Thanks for the quick response.

I do not see COM errors, looks clean.
I'm not using the adapter, straight serial connection
it's set to 5 seconds but I don't have it ticked.
Non zero is at 0.

Some questions:
- In the SCX Digital interface of PCLC did you see some COM error ?
- Did you use a USB/Serial adapter ?
- What's the value of your option "Generate Pit out when the throttle value exceed:" ?
- What's the value of your option "Non zero throttle begin at:" ?[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 22:01

Values are good, if you don't see COM ERROR message in the SCX digital interface of PC Lap Counter then it should work.
To see where is the problem i need a logfiles with the datastream sended by your SEB interface, to create a logfiles look at scx digital quick guide of Sven page 12-13 (http://www.pclapcounter.be/SCX_Quick_Guide_English_Version.pdf)
When you have the problem save the logfiles and send it to info@pclapcounter.be , please send also a little description of the problem for exemple :
- PCLC consider car#2 in PIT but he was not at PIT
- PCLC not register lap for car#2

REM:
- In the message part of PCLC did you have some message saying "lap rejected" ?
- Where you buy the SEB interface ?
Back to top Go down
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 22:32

I'll try to grab log files and get them over to you later tonight and will include the description of the problem.

I did see the messages like - Car 1 in Pit, lap rejected. I saw that over and over again. Oftentimes both cars.

The SEB came from - ole.seeberg@virklund.dk

Thank you!

guy wrote:
Values are good, if you don't see COM ERROR message in the SCX digital interface of PC Lap Counter then it should work.
To see where is the problem i need a logfiles with the datastream sended by your SEB interface, to create a logfiles look at scx digital quick guide of Sven page 12-13 (http://www.pclapcounter.be/SCX_Quick_Guide_English_Version.pdf)
When you have the problem save the logfiles and send it to info@pclapcounter.be , please send also a little description of the problem for exemple :

REM:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
svenh

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 22:47

Hi,
I guess you have one setup issue.

Guy asked:
What's the value of your option "Generate Pit out when the throttle value exceed:" ?
If I understand your answer correct, you answered: it's set to 5 seconds but I don't have it ticked.

It must be ticked as this is not a time info, it is the throttle level.

However it doesnīt explain, that the system recognises pit if it is not a pit stop.

How many throttles are connected ? Did you connect all ? or do you have only 1 or 2 connected ?
Advise is connect all throttles you have , donīt leave any disconnect.

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 23:18

Here some screens so we talk the same language:

Point 1: message of the SCX interface of PCLC
    Point 2 : the option "Generate PIT OUT..." can't be ticked or unticked scratch
    Point 4: another thing to check is the message part of PCLC main screen
Back to top Go down
svenh

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 23:43

Hello, Guy

you are correct. Number 2 can not be ticket. Sorry ! Mixed it with the option before ;-)

So, the throttle question would be interesting to know ?
What is the min laptime defined ?
And of course a logfile would be great

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 23:43

Thanks, you are right. It can't be ticked, I was looking at the one above it. It is however set at 05 and I do have all 3 throttles connected.

svenh wrote:
Hi,
I guess you have one setup issue.

Guy asked:
What's the value of your option "Generate Pit out when the throttle value exceed:" ?
If I understand your answer correct, you answered: it's set to 5 seconds but I don't have it ticked.

It must be ticked as this is not a time info, it is the throttle level.

However it doesnīt explain, that the system recognises pit if it is not a pit stop.

How many throttles are connected ? Did you connect all ? or do you have only 1 or 2 connected ?
Advise is connect all throttles you have , donīt leave any disconnect.

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 23:44

Min lap is 2 seconds.

svenh wrote:
Hello, Guy

you are correct. Number 2 can not be ticket. Sorry ! Mixed it with the option before ;-)

So, the throttle question would be interesting to know ?
What is the min laptime defined ?
And of course a logfile would be great

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
svenh

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   24/4/2008, 23:59

Ok, then a logfile is really required when you see a fault with a description as Guy mentioned.
And what kind of messages you see in the windows shown by Guy (1 and 4).

If the lap record is between 2 and 3 sec, perhaps you should set the min lap time to 1 sec instead.

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   25/4/2008, 02:54

Min lap is at 1 now, log files and screen shots on the way to Guy.

svenh wrote:
Ok, then a logfile is really required when you see a fault with a description as Guy mentioned.
And what kind of messages you see in the windows shown by Guy (1 and 4).

If the lap record is between 2 and 3 sec, perhaps you should set the min lap time to 1 sec instead.

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   25/4/2008, 03:09

email with log has just been sent

thanks

cmeyers wrote:
I'll try to grab log files and get them over to you later tonight and will include the description of the problem.

I did see the messages like - Car 1 in Pit, lap rejected. I saw that over and over again. Oftentimes both cars.

The SEB came from - ole.seeberg@virklund.dk

Thank you!

guy wrote:

REM:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   25/4/2008, 10:13

Thanks , i will check the logfile tonight.
I have forwarded your mail to Sven, so you have now 2 brains who will check your logfile Wink
Back to top Go down
guy

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   25/4/2008, 11:53

Your logfile is not good, the logfile is not containing any SF Crossing information at all Exclamation

Think you save it at a wrong moment.

In your case it's better to open the debug window just before starting the race, make some laps until you have the problem and after return to the debug window, click on the stop button and finaly click on the save button.
Back to top Go down
svenh

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   25/4/2008, 12:05

Good morning, Charlie,
I looked into the file as well and as Guy is saying no SF crossing information which helps to analyse

The 2 photos were a great idea and I suggest to do this again.

Donīt worry, we will find it. The interface is working correctly as we can not see any error message. So we can focus the investigations in the software

Here is my tip on how to do a logfile.

1) tick the box in the debugger window to automatically rewrite after 60 sec
2) Start the race, do a few laps and stop the logfile as soon as you receive the error. If you have time left to the minute, make another lap via the SF line that we can see it
3) Then quickly go to the debugger window, stop it and save it.

The last logfile was only 12 k, that is only a few seconds.

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   25/4/2008, 17:18

Thanks, I will give it another shot this weekend and get it over to you. I appreciate both of your help.

svenh wrote:
Good morning, Charlie,
I looked into the file as well and as Guy is saying no SF crossing information which helps to analyse

The 2 photos were a great idea and I suggest to do this again.

Donīt worry, we will find it. The interface is working correctly as we can not see any error message. So we can focus the investigations in the software

Here is my tip on how to do a logfile.

1) tick the box in the debugger window to automatically rewrite after 60 sec
2) Start the race, do a few laps and stop the logfile as soon as you receive the error. If you have time left to the minute, make another lap via the SF line that we can see it
3) Then quickly go to the debugger window, stop it and save it.

The last logfile was only 12 k, that is only a few seconds.

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmeyers

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   26/4/2008, 22:22

Fellas,

I think I figured it out today. It seems that because I had the chronometer expansion hooked in, the system thought there should have been 6 controllers. So I hooked up the slave track and the other 3 controllers and now all of the false pitting has disappeared. We're currently racing and laughing.

Your software is great. Thanks guys, sorry to pull you in on what now seems to be a false problem.

Charlie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   26/4/2008, 23:53

Happy that it's working now cheers
Back to top Go down
svenh

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   27/4/2008, 02:02

Hello charlie,

sorry for the late response and it is good to hear that your setup is working now.

Have fun and if you have any problems, just ask.
Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management   

Back to top Go down

False pit stop and no laps being counted no fuel management
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1