Our club got the program in the spring, but we have not used it yet because it is very complicated to use.
There are so many things to setup to make a race.
I got the following suggestions:
1. Stop adding more "nice to have" features for the next 6 month.
2. Make a wizard for those basic settings that you only have to set once
(Digital or analog, Number of lanes, lanecolors, HW and so on).
3. Show only settings that are relevant compare to the basic settings.
4. Make wizards for setting up a race, starting with:
a. What kind of race do you want: Time race, lap race or practice
b. Now show the different types of races to chose from the choise you
made at a.
and so on
5. Remove all the buttons at the bottom of the screen and make a menu for them. Except a start and abort button. The start button should work like this: Start the race, Pause the race and Continue the race. The Abort button should work like this: Only visible when the Start button is in Continue mode. When hit the race is stopped.
6. Put the info screen in floating windows -> more space for race info
That was what I got in mind at the moment. Please let me know if the suggestions are far out or something could be used.
The fact is that no one in my club got the skill, time or patience to use the program as it is.
That is a shame because I find that the program got all the features we are looking for, including pitstop function.
Is there anyone that got the same experience as me