Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Lap rejected

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
clauvet

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Lap rejected   9/1/2010, 22:41

Hi there,

since a couple of months I use the PC Lap Counter with the Phitget interface set from Main Line Hobbies. It runs nearly perfect.
Iíve only a problem with rejected laps after using the panic button.

My track is around 25 meters long and the fastest lap is about 7.5 seconds. So I set up the minimum lap time at 7 seconds in both possibilities (track and detection).
In the Phidget card configuration at "Track call" I use the set up Command "Start Ė Pause Ė Restart" Input for the panic button.
After using the button (becaus of a crash) the lap is rejected when the cars pass next time the detector less than 7 seconds since using the button. In the message board then Iíve the message for example ďlane x lap rejected because 5.687 < 7 sec."
When I set the minimum lap time at 0 it runs.
How Iíve to wire the panic button or to set up the PC Lap Counter that I can use the minimum lap time at 7 seconds?

Iím using windows xp, a light bridge from DS, your PC Lap Counter 5.02 and the Phidget interface from main line hobbies.
I hope you can help.

Thank you
Claus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

Number of posts : 2046
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Lap rejected   10/1/2010, 14:42

You have to know that the first lap just after a race pause have a special treatment in Pc Lap Counter:
  • if the lap time is less than the "reject laps less than" then the lap will be rejected.
  • if the lap time is less than the "minimum lap time" of the track setting then the lap will be counted but the lap time will always will be considered as "suspect" and therefore will never be read as a record lap.

So in the options screen set "Reject laps less than" to 1 sec and keep your minimum lap time in the track settings (more information about these two options here).
With this configuration Pc Lap Counter will always count the first lap just after the restart and the lap time of that first lap will always be considered as a "suspect" lap time and therefore will never be read as a record lap.

Another solution is to put 'Power OFF' for the panic button (and not "Start - Pause - Restart") so the race clock is not stopped...like in a real race Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
clauvet

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Lap rejected   10/1/2010, 17:03

Hi Guy,

thank you for your quick reply!
Great! With the proposed setup it runs and there is a warning sound, but the lap is counted! It's perfect! Thank you very much! By the way, it is a brilliant software! We enjoy it very much!

Thanx again
Claus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lap rejected   

Back to top Go down

Lap rejected
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1