Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Power wrongly cut

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ecominguez

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Power wrongly cut    5/3/2011, 07:42

Hi guy,
I made an update after along time an something weird is happening.
I set the race to finish after a fixed time, when that time is reach the first car that pass the finish line trigger the sound of finish (the laugh) but this line power is not cut, the other car still racing is stopped, and the pclapcounter keeps waiting for it. I have to make it pass manually in order to make pclc to be aware that the race finishes.
I didn't change anything, jus changed the version. After one and a half month, I updated the version and still have the same issue.
Any clue?
My configuration is posted I didn't change anything, still with the phidget stuff.
thank you.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guy

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Power wrongly cut    5/3/2011, 14:10

i test it with version 5.11c i don't have any problems scratch
Which version of Pc Lap Counter you actually use ?
It's like you didn't had the problem with the previous version of Pc Lap Counter but which version exactly ?

I suggest you check the phidget IO configuration in Pc Lap Counter and specialy the IO for the lane power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Power wrongly cut    9/3/2011, 23:16

Guy, I will check the version today, I think I have the last one, the problem is that this started to happen some month ago, I don't know which was the first version update that I did after the one the problem started.

I already checked the phidget interface, beside my check, I should say that I didn't touch anything since the very begining and it always workded as it is, but anyway I checked it and everything is fine. If I ask pc lap counter to cut the power, the power is cut, and when I run a race with a fixed amount of laps, it works. The problem es when I create a race with fixed time, it cuts the wrong lane... weird.

Could it be some configuartion problem, like... waiting all the cars to arrive, or minimum lap time....

There is some log file that I could send you that would tell you if I have everything fine?, maybe after many updates, and many new features I have some conf file corrupted or something like that...

May be somebody with phidget interface had the same problem???. For testing purposes, I changed the phidget configuration, to ask to different relees to handle the different lines, and the same problem occurs.
Any other ideas?.

Thank you Guy.
Eduardo.
PS: Guy, I don't know if it has something to do, but if you remember, I was asking about a change in the power source, and the amount of AMP needed, where the phidget guys told me that no problem with the 10 amp that I was going to buy. I did the change, I added a new power source to handle the track. It works greate, it is a regulated power source where I can put how many volts to provide to the track.

Beside that... I am thinking now... I didn't test to run a race set just for one car with a limited time, to see if it cuts the only lane. I will check it and I will tell you.
thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Power wrongly cut    14/3/2011, 04:58

Hi Guy,
I changed the phidget assignation in the power lane settings of the pclc, this was something that I did before with no success, but... this time, it seems to work fine. Of course it was my first idea, but it didn't work before or I did something wrong.
Today, I was trying to make a race with only one car, and I found this version has the settings at a different place than the one I touched before. I gave a second chance to the obvious, to invert the assignation, and at least once it worked.
I will test it more this week and I will let you know.
Thanks. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power wrongly cut    

Back to top Go down

Power wrongly cut
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1